Tuesday, 12 June 2018

P4- Questionnaire Evaluation

To conduct some primary research, I conducted a survey using Survey Monkey and got students from within school to answer it. I chose this specific group of people because they are the ones that will be able to relate to the article the most as they are currently going through it.






Question 2 revealed that 60% of people who responded believe they have experienced problems with their mental health during any time in the school year, with question 3 revealing that 80% of people believe the stress they feel is heightened during exam periods. This indicted that school was extremely negative to the mental health of these students. However, I felt as if taking the angle of school being detrimental to students' is very cliché and has been worn out. Instead, I will try to encourage a more positive relationship between school and the mental health of it's students. Therefore, I may not use these statistics as they will not support the bias I am attempting to create.





Question 4 asked the participants whether they knew enough about mental health and question 5 asked them whether they knew how to deal with problems. Question 4 revealed that 80% of people think they do not know enough about mental health and question 5 told me that the same amount of people don't know how to deal with the problems that they have. Once again, these results do not fit the bias that I intend on applying to the article and so will not be used. However, it does show me that students are not being taught enough about mental health and that maybe this needs to change.





 
In question 6 I wanted to know what kind of problems students were experiencing. This question was more useful than the rest as I could still use this information within my article, no matter what bias I intend on applying. The results told me that 100% of people believe they have experienced one of the problems I listed. This is a little contradicting of the results from question 2 but does indicate that maybe the students didn't realise that some on the list were mental health problems, possibly enforcing the fact that students don't feel that know enough, meaning maybe they should be taught more. e.g. stress, as they feel that it is not as serious as it may be. 60% of people claimed they had experienced stress the most during their times at school, 30% believe they were depressed while 10% had felt very anxious while at school. Once again, these results do not fit the bias that I intend on applying to the article and so will not be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment